Welcome to episode 11 of The Audacity Bootcamp Podcast.
“We’re scared and excited. We hope you are too.”-AudacityTeam
Those are the closing words on the Audacity Team’s announcement of the recent acquisition of Audacity by the newly-formed Muse Group. The deal to purchase Audacity was announced on April 30th. The financial details of the acquisition have not been disclosed. With this acquisition, changes on the horizon for Audacity include:
- Non-destructive editing via stackable Virtual Studio Technology (VST) effects.
- An updated user interface that includes a non-Windows 95 appearance and feel.
As part of this announcement, Muse Group (https://mu.se) vows to keep Audacity open source and free.
In this episode, I share with you a couple of online articles concerning this purchase. One thing is certain; the future of Audacity means change. Here’s hoping it’s change in the right direction for us podcasters.
Links in this episode:
- The Register announcement: https://www.theregister.com/2021/05/04/audacity_muse_group/
- MusicTech announcement: https://www.musictech.net/news/industry/audacity-acquired-muse-group-ultimate-guitar-musescore/
- AudacityTeam announcement: https://www.audacityteam.org/audacity-musescore-announcement/
You can find me online at https://audacitybootcamp.com with links there to my YouTube channel, Facebook page, Audacity Bootcamp: Beginner to Advanced, and this podcast.